Friday, March 15, 2013

It aint easy dressing green!


Yes, that's really me, not a supermodel. LOL. I went to ICU San Francisco Has Style fashion event last Sunday with one of my bffs, Kristi. This is what I wore, got the dress from Nasty Gal. I'm thinking I might wear it again for St. Patty's Day festivities this week, but honestly for St. Pats I prefer more of a shamrock green to a minty green.  Thankfully I have this amazing Betty Page dress in my closet to whip out of my arsenal at a moments notice:

  
Gorgeous, right?

And yes, this is really a model.  I love how off the shoulder and sexy this dress is! It really fits one like a glove and accentuates every curve. And snakeskin is really in for spring. However I am having a first date tonight with someone I've just met. I think one should really tone down the sexiness for a first date, unless all you want is to make the guy have "bedroom thoughts," and I don't really like the idea of that. I think I might save this for Salsa dancing night. I have another dress in green, also from Betty Page, and quite figure flattering, but modest enough to wear even at the office or church (I have worn it in both places!)

Vavavoom!  I love 40s/50s style vintage dresses, since I'm curvy they really suit me. I like to show off my figure but at the same time I'm modest and don't like to show a lot of skin. this one is perfect because the straps go around the waist and button in the back, really accentuating one's waist. The dress (mine is XS) fits rather snugly as a rule,  but the length is enough to get away with wearing anywhere.  Perfect for a first date, and GREEN! I think St. Patrick would approve! I have some amazing green earrings to go with it.... now all I have to worry about is what shoes to wear!  Always some kind of clothing dilemma...

I'm supposed to meet the bloke tonight at a wine bar in downtown San Francisco and then we're supposed to go to dinner somewhere since I don't really drink. I'm keeping my fingers crossed about this entire thing, I hope I won't be bored to sleep!   Details to come!

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment